- Grass Lake Campground
- Follow Wallin Road east of Thompsonville Road in Benzie County.
- Easy launch from site at the campground.
- Free to launch and park.
- Outhouse and water pump available.
- Lattitude 44 degrees 35 minutes 28.7 seconds N,
- Longitude 85 degrees 50 minutes 49.9 seconds W
- Follow Gallager Street west from Thompsonville Road (County 669) in Benzie County.
- Carry down river bank to easy launch. Free paved parking with a nice outhouse available.
- Lattitude 44 degrees 31 minutes 43.4 seconds N,
- Longitude 85 degrees 56 minutes 55.1 seconds W
Monday, March 9, 2009
New to Kayaking?
Don't know how to get started? Which boat to buy? How to learn without embarrassment? What if it tips over? Do I have to roll the kayak?
We were all beginners once and we'd be happy to help you with the basics. Before you even buy a boat, why not stop in at our monthly meeting (see the Paddlers Calendar) for some friendly advice from experienced paddlers. Whether you're interested in calm afternoons on one of Michigan's beautiful lakes and rivers or two weeks in the wilderness, we can help - we've been there.
To ask any questions or to contact the group for any reason, please send an e-mail to Eastcoastpaddlers@gmail.com