From Pat Nelson: A truly tasty treat for breakfast, or any time, actually. I especially like mine mixed with some Greek yogurt. Enjoy!Ingredients
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup canola oil (I use coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup raisins or dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- (I also added some flax seed & chia seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sesame seeds, wheat germ, coconut and sunflower seeds. In a small pan over medium heat, stir together the oil and honey. Cook and stir until blended. You could also do this in a large measuring cup in the microwave, heating for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Pour over the oat mixture, and stir to coat evenly. Spread out in an even layer on two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the oats and nuts are toasted. Immediately after it comes out of the oven, stir in the raisins and dried cranberries. Let stand until cooled, and stir again to break up any large clusters. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, but I guarantee it won't be around that long!
Second recipe, very similar, but uses quick oats and cinnamon...